Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2023

Kimberly -Grosvenor Teacher Fellowship Expedition to Antarctica

It is impossible to do any kind of justice in describing the Grosvenor Teacher Fellow experience. All of it was so rewarding, both personally and professionally. The Nat Geo Education teacher courses are a fantastic resource and I took several before undertaking the Certified Educator program. One of the best benefits is becoming a member of the Nat Geo Educator community; these are some of the most dedicated, innovative, and generous teachers I have ever encountered. In one of the forums, someone shared their GTF journey. I immediately applied and was honored to be selected as a 2020 Grosvenor Teacher Fellow. Covid delayed our expeditions until 2022-23, but it was more than worth the wait! 

I traveled to Antarctica on Lindblad's National Geographic Explorer for their Journey to the White Continent expedition. It was 12 days of unimaginable beauty, learning, and adventure. My classroom will be reverberating with the ripple effect of this experience for years to come! I am so very grateful to Lindblad Expeditions and National Geographic for this extraordinary opportunity! If you would like to follow along, I am embedding the posts from each day below.



No comments: